The Princess 40 is a lovely family boat and a great entry-level Flybridge. This boat has been family-owned and well-kept by the owners. The boat has a good spec and the berthing contract can be taken over after purchase.
Manufacturer Provided Description
Superbly finished in deep lacquered natural or classic cherry wood, complemented by a choice of designer fabrics, the Princes 45's interior is a statement in elegant living.
* Self-draining * Teak laid decking * Upholstered seat with fender and life raft stowage space below * Gas strut assisted
hatch to lazarette stowage area * Lockable access hatch to engine room * Teak laid steps to side decks and flybridge
* Overboard vented, self-draining locker for 2 Camping or Calor gas bottles * 220/240v shore support inlet and cable
stowage locker * Cockpit lighting * Transom door leading to integral bathing platform * Stainless-steel handrails
* Reserve manual bilge pump * Remote fuel cocks located in locker * Cockpit cover * Full-length transom bathing
platform with foldaway swimming ladder, hot and cold shower, teak decking, storage compartment and dinghy
storage removable chock system.
* Helm position with repeat engine controls and instrumentation * Repeat log/echo sounder controls * Hydraulic steering
* Rudder position indicator * Trim tab controls * Anchor winch remote control * High-speed compass * Searchlight remote
control * Horn * Remote location for VHF handset * Intercom to lower helm * Compass and instrument light controls
* Visual and audible engine warning system * Bilge pump audible alarm * 2-seater helm seat * U-shaped upholstered
sofa with drinks table * Double sunbed * Loudspeakers linked to saloon hi-fi * Integral stairway from aft cockpit with
access hatch * Wind deflector screens * Stainless-steel handrails * GRP radar arch * Console and seat covers
* Matched whip aerials for VHF R/T and radio.
* U-shaped sofa with dining table to starboard (converts to double berth) * Moveable 2-seater sofa opposite * Stereo CD/radio with saloon and exterior speakers * Sideboard with space for refrigerator, glass, bottle and general stowage * Tinted opening side windows * All windows in toughened safety glass with stainless-steel frames * Triple stainless-steel framed sliding doors to cockpit, for maximum opening * Curtains, venetian blinds or sunscreens to all windows and doors * Overhead downlighters * Clock and barometer.OWNER S SUITE * Large double bed with quilted bedspread * Dressing table with mirror * Large wardrobe * Cupboard with shelves * Forward mirror * Individual berth lights * Deck hatch with flyscreen and blind * Opening portholes * Drawers and storage lockers.GUEST SUITE * 2 full-size single berths with quilted bedspreads * Wardrobe with shelf space * Eye-level and bedhead storage lockers * Downlighters and individual berth lights * 2 opening portholes.
12 Volt: 2 x heavy-duty batteries for engine starting * 2 x heavy-duty auxiliary batteries * Engine alternators charge
via blocking diodes to isolate engine start batteries from auxiliaries * 45-amp 12v float battery charger connected to
both battery banks * Remote battery master switches with control switch at main switch panel * Circuit breakers on
220/240 Volt: Shore support inlet in cockpit locker with storage for cable * Polarity check system * Earth leakage safety
trip * Circuit breakers on all circuits * Power points in owner s stateroom, guest suite, galley and saloon * Shaver points
in both bathrooms.
* Avonite worktop * Recessed 3-zone gas hob with flame-failure protection and cover * Combination microwave/
conventional oven with grill * Twin-bowl stainless-steel sink with mixer tap * Chopping board * 12v/240v fridge/freezer
* Waste disposal bin * Overhead lighting * Dedicated crockery and cutlery stowage * General storage cupboards
* Water gauge * Opening porthole.
* Twin fuel tanks (in N4 marine grade alloy) with interconnection system giving 250 gallons (1136 litres) capacity * Fuel
fillers on port and starboard side decks * High-capacity fuel filters/water traps * Remote fuel cocks in cockpit locker
* Fuel gauges at main helm.
* Water tank of 93 gallons (423 litres) plus 7 gallons (32 litres) hot water calorifier (total 100 gallons/455 litres) * Water
heated by engine and 240v immersion heater * Automatic water pump with filter * Main circuit breaker at switch panel
* Water level gauge * Deck filler.
* Automatic fire extinguisher in engine room * Hand-operated fire extinguishers (3) in owner s suite, guest suite and
* Automatic electric bilge pumps (with manual override) in engine room, forward accommodation and aft lazarette
(3 in all) * High-capacity manual bilge pump with valve system and suction points in same areas.
POWER AND DRIVE SYSTEMS
* Engine room soundproofed * High-volume air intakes * Engine room extractor fan with electronic time delay * Engine
exhaust silencers and water-cooled exhausts * Engine beds integrally moulded with hull for strength and vibration
absorption * Engines flexibly mounted * Engine room forward and aft bulkheads integrally bonded * Automatic fire
extinguisher * Automatic and manual bilge pumps * Engine room lighting * Engine room access hatch and ladder from
cockpit * Propeller shafts in Temet * 4-bladed aquafoil propellers in nickel aluminium bronze * High-speed, balanced
rudders * Cathodic protection for sterngear * Sterngear, engines, fuel tanks, fillers etc all electrically bonded * Hydraulic
* Modified deep V with moulded spray rails and incorporating propeller tunnels for improved propulsion efficiency
and reduced draft * Hand-laid glass-fibre construction with isophthalic gelcoat backed by initial lay-up of powder-bound
matt and isophthalic resin * Integrally bonded girder stiffening system * Standard finish white high-gloss
gelcoat * GRP/balsa core/PVC foam sandwich construction for deck and superstructure, for strength and high-thermal
insulation * Moulded non-slip surfaces on side decks, flybridge and cockpit decks * Integrally moulded flybridge
stairway * Hull antifouled.
* Reversible electric anchor winch (1000W) with foredeck, main helm and flybridge controls * Self-stowing 16kg Delta
anchor with 30 metres of chain * Stemhead roller with automatic anchor launch and retrieve * Deck hatch access
to chain locker * Stainless-steel bow, stern and spring cleats * Bow and stern fairleads * Stern rope storage lockers
* Stainless-steel pulpit and guard rails * Stainless-steel coachroof and flybridge handrails * Foredeck hatch * Stainless-steel
rubbing band with rubber insert * Full set of IMCO navigation lights * Riding light * Searchlight with dual-station
remote controls * Twin electric horns * Intercom/loud hailer * Fuel and water fillers.
MAIN HELM POSITION
* Double helm seat with fore and aft adjustment for helmsman * Stainless-steel framed toughened glass windscreen
(clear for good night vision) * Twin 2-speed windscreen wipers with fully recessed motors and blade-mounted
freshwater screen wash system * Burr-elm instrument console panels * Single-lever engine controls * Full engine
instrumentation * Fuel gauges * Rudder position indicator * Hydraulic steering * Log * Echo sounder * VHF radio/
telephone * Intercom to flybridge * Anchor winch remote control * Trim tab controls * Searchlight remote control * Bilge
pump controls with visual pump running warnings * Visual and audible engine warning system * Chart table with
light and chart stowage * 12v and 220/240v electrical control panels * High-speed magnetic compass * Horn, riding
light, helm and navigation light control switches * Sliding tinted side window adjacent to helmsman * PVC sunscreens
* Stowage under helm seat.
* Furniture finished in natural cherry wood with clear lacquer finish, (classic cherry finish optionally available) * Console
area finished with burr-elm panels * Galley worktop in Avonite (or similar) * Timber galley floor * Choice of upholstery
fabrics, carpets and curtains from co-ordinated range. STORAGE
* All suites and cabins have generous storage comprising lockers, drawers and shelves as appropriate.
OTHER ITEMS SUPPLIED AS STANDARD
* Fenders (4) and warps (4) * Ensign staff * First aid kit * Boathook * Owner s manual * Engine manual * Tool kit
* Emergency tiller * Emergency porthole cover * Manual winch handle * Ship s document case.Length overall (inc pulpit)
42ft 7in (12.98m)
Length overall (ex pulpit) 41ft 4in (12.6m)
Beam 13ft (3.96m)
Draft 3ft 1in (0.94m)
Displacement approx (2 x Volvo TAMD63P)
Fuel capacity 250 gallons (1,136 litres)
Water capacity (inc calorifier) 100 gallons (455 litres)
2 x Volvo Penta TAMD63L (2 x 318hp) Speed range: 28-30 knots.
2 x Volvo Penta TAMD63P (2 x 370hp) Speed range: 30-32 knots.
Electric bilge pump
Manual bilge pump
Shore power inlet